Homemade Rainbow Cake Roll Recipe
Are you running out of ideas for what to make for a sweet snack at home? In this post, I am going to share an easy and quick way to make a rainbow cake for the whole family. Everyone loves cake, especially kids, giving them a little sweet treats for a snack will be a good idea.
Here are the ingredients that you need:
• ½ cup of cake flour
• 4 egg yolks + 2 tablespoon of sugar
• 2 tablespoon of milk
• 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon of corn starch
• 4 egg whites + ¼ cup of sugar
• Food colorings (6 colors)
• Whipping cream
• ¼ kg sugar
Alright, if you have already prepared all the ingredients needed let’s get started to the main chores. Here are the easy steps of making rainbow cake roll:
• Firstly, mix 4 egg yolks with 2 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl.
• Then, add milk and vegetable oil to the egg yolks
• After that, pour in cake flour and corn starch. Mix them all thoroughly.
• And then, prepare another bowl and beat 4 egg whites. You might need to grab a mixer and mix the egg whites with sugar.
• Pour the ¼ cup of sugar three times while you are mixing the egg whites. Keep mixing until the mixture will not fall down when you turn over the bowl.
• Then, grab the other bowl of the egg yolks mixture and add 1/3 egg white mixture to the egg yolk mixture. Mix them up until they are completely mixed.
• After that, pour all the eggs white remaining to the mixture and mix them all in flipping motions.
• After you feel that they are completely mixed, separate them into 6 bowls.
• Pour different food colorings into each bowl. Stir each bowl so you will have six different colors of batter.
• Put these batters into baking pan, you can have any patterns you want but make sure that leave a small gap between each color, because it will begin to flow.
• Then, when you finish pouring the baking pan with coloring batters, gently slam the baking pan a few times then bake for 15 minutes.
• After 15 minutes take the cake from the oven and slam the baking pan again few times more.
• Then, take the cake out the baking pan and cut the two sides.
• Pour the whipping cream onto the cake and roll it up. Put the cake in the refrigerator wrapped by an aluminum foil for one hour.
• Lastly, take out the cake from the refrigerator and put it on a plate. Voila, here is your delicious homemade rainbow cake roll.